For optimum product quality, the continuous control of the chip or fiber moisture is imperative. GreCon online moisture meter are used to monitor material moisture up and downstream of the dryers. Or to monitor and control the material moisture after the blender and the forming station, ensuring optimum quality output.
IR 5000 WBPi Infrared Moisture Meter Analyzer
The IR 5000 WBPi consists of a non-contact measuring head and an operator interface for calibration and parameterization of the moisture analyzer.
The operator interface is installed near the measuring head where it is used as an external display in the measuring position. This arrangement makes reading of the measured moisture values easy when taking samples for laboratory measurements. In an enclosed conveying system, a window pane adaptor is installed in the conveyor’s sidewall, this allows moisture measurement in flowing material.
The measured values can be transferred to a higher-ranking process control system via a serial interface to display the values in the control station. Analog outputs and programmable alarm contacts are standard for additional control tasks.
The measuring head and operator interface housings are dust and water resistant.
Infrared Moisture Meter Principle
Light from a QH lamp is split into sequential pulses of NIR Energy at wavelengths which are absorbed by the material being measured.
The IR5000 WBPi diverts a portion of the beam onto the secondary detector, to form the reference signal, which the returning backscattered light will be compared.
The light leaving the IR5000 WBPi interacts with the product and unabsorbed energy is reflected back into the instrument, Captured on a special 24-segment mirror and focused onto the primary detector.
The detector signals are then processed to generate an output which is proportional and linear to the amount of material moisture. The patented optics reject ambient light, relative humidity and ambient temperature influences to provide a highly accurate and stable measurement, regardless of product height fluctuations.
Infrared Moisture Meter Technical Info
- Microprocessor Control Console with industrial enclosure.
- Visualization PC for remote data display and printing.
- Windows® operating system and software.
- Standard Net DDE interface (Wonderware®).
- Aluminum, lacquered NEMA 12 enclosure.
- Optional Vortec® air coolers, water cooling panels.
- Measuring accuracy: ± .5%.
- Moisture range: 0 - 95%.
- Coatings range: .1 gr/m - 200 gr/m.
- Operating temperature: 0 - 120° F.
- Sampling area: 2" standard, adjustable to ¼".
Infrared Moisture Meter Features
- Not affected by light or product height.
- Multiple measuring heads may be integrated into a single processor.
- Non-contact measurement prevents product damage.
- Automatic calibration function.
- Real-time monitoring for immediate adjustments to production.
- Eliminates rejects due to poor moisture content.
MWF 5000 Microwave Moisture Meter Analyzer
The Microwave Moisture Analyzer MWF 5000 with planar sensor is appropriate to measure wood chips and fibers.
The sensor surface is resistive and not sensitive to industrial conditions. The deep penetration of the microwave field into the product allows for accurate measuring results. Due to the patented measuring principle, precise measurement of the moisture content is achieved, regardless of density, surface structure and color of the material measured.
Microwave Moisture Meter Principle
The GreCon On-line Moisture Measuring System MWF 5000 works according to the microwave resonance method. This method uses the dipole properties of water molecules. A harmonic, electro magnetic resonance field (microwave field) is generated by means of the planar sensor. The water bound by the material now interacts with the resonance field.
The resonance frequency of the microwave field is detuned and dampened depending on the water content of the material. The changes in the field are received by the sensor and evaluated by the processor. With the measurement of the above parameters and their evaluation, it is possible to determine moisture content and material density separately.
Using the above principle, the MWF 5000 measures the moisture content independent of the density. Depending on the sensor type, the field has a penetration depth of 1½ to 4 inches.
The emitted microwaves do not cause heating or chemical reactions of the material.
Microwave Moisture Meter Technical Info
|Measuring range:||0.1% to 85% in selectable sub-domains|
|Repeating Accuracy:||0.05% (standard deviation for tenfold measurement)|
|Measuring Accuracy:||± 2% of the measuring range|
|Measuring time:||<1 second|
|Product Memory:||20 products (optional 40 products)|
|Data Security:||CMOS memory with backup batteries|
|Sample Temperatures:||0° to +70° C (automatic temperature compensation)|
|0° to + 110° C (with optional cooling)|
|Ambient Temperatures:||0° to 40° C|
Microwave Moisture Meter Features
- Measurements independent of material density
- Not influenced by material surface texture, light or color
- Microwave penetration yields product core moisture content
- Immediate and precise measurement results
- Suitable for installation in enclosed conveying systems
- Laboratory measurement units available
- Data Security: CMOS memory with backup batteries
- Data Interfaces: RS 422 and RS 232
- Analog Outputs: 0/4 mA to 20 mA (active, voltage-free)
- Analog Inputs: 0/4 mA to 20 mA
- Control Inputs: 4 Optoelectronic coupler inputs, 24 V
- Control Outputs: 6 voltage-free (24 V, 0.25 A DC)