When certain types of material are collected in cyclonic separators, they will bridge in the cone above the rotary valves.
An infrared transmitter, which sends pulses to an opposing infrared receiver, is mounted onto the wall of the cone. With high receiver sensitivity, the infrared radiation is detected even through dense material flow. Should a bridge develop in the monitoring area, the infrared radiation is interrupted; the system will give an alarm, activate countermeasures, and the pneumatic system may be immediately shutdown or diverted. The blockage is minimized and can be more quickly removed. Downstream filters are not affected, and a production interruption will be of shorter duration.
For high temperature applications, (over 140º F), fiber optic cables are used.
- ABC-PLC (monitors one zone)
- Power supply supports up to five modules.
- DIN rail mounted modules.
- Visual LED display of alarms and troubles.
- Summation channel; collects alarm and trouble messages, Input/Output relays and countermeasure activation.
- Automatic circuit integrity testing.
- NEMA 4 enclosures for Transmitters and Receivers.
- Fiber optic cables for high temperature applications over 140°F.
- Mounting adapter for non-intrusive installation.
- Transmitter wavelength: 950 nm., angle of reflection: 60°.
- Receiver spectral sensitivity: 550-1100 nm, angle of detection: 100°.
- Cable length up to 3000 feet from PLC.
- 120/240 VAC power required.
- Early warning of material plugging or bridging.
- Automatic countermeasures including shutdown or material diversion.
- Adjustable alarm delay for temporary blockages.
- Non intrusive installation with no interference to product flow.
- Visual display and audible alarm signals.
- Remote zone monitoring up to 3000'.