GreCon extinguishing assemblies immediately extinguish sparks and burning embers before they can reach the filter, thereby reducing the risk of fires and dust explosions.
Water extinguishment does not adversely affect the filter media. One to three nozzle assemblies are available in either brass or stainless steel. (optional non-water suppressant methods can also be considered).
Extinguishment manifold design provides consistent nozzle spacing for quick installation and maintenance. The old standard plumbing had variable distances between nozzles due to the individual tolerances in pipe fittings. The sum of all the leeway produced the variance in nozzle distance. The GreCon die-cast brass manifolds provide precise spacing of extinguishment nozzles that lets personnel pre-drill the holes into the ducting before installation. Each extinguishment has the same nozzle-to-nozzle distance and will allow personnel to change out extinguishment assemblies if necessary, greatly reducing maintenance and ducting shutdown time.
Extinguishment Manifold Advantages
- Ease of Maintenance – If a valve needs to be replaced, it is a simple matter of unscrewing the large nuts on both sides of the valve/strainer assembly and inserting a new valve/strainer. Each valve/strainer is made EXACTLY to the same overall length.
- O-rings seal nearly every joint against leakage so it minimizes the application of "plumbers dope" reducing the chance of dope clogged nozzles.
- The center distance between each nozzle in LS2 and LS3 is within a fraction of a millimeter that allows for change out of the extinguishment assemblies.
Upon sensor detection and activation by the Control Console, GreCon extinguishing assemblies release an atomized water spray to immediately extinguish any sparks or burning embers.
Special nozzle design, when coupled with required water pressure creates the most effective atomized extinguishment spray pattern.
All extinguishment devices are equipped with specially engineered high-speed valves that are exclusive to GreCon spark detection systems. These valves ensure that water is instantly supplied to the spray nozzles. Additionally, these proprietary valves are fast closing thereby controlling any excessive water into the system.
- Assembly includes: "Y" strainer, high-speed diaphragm valve with coil, 1 to 3 nozzles, stainless steel mounting adapters, shut off valve, and manifold piping.
- 1" NPT supply connection to shut off valve.
- Quick open/close 1" ø diaphragm valve (low voltage).
- Up to three (3) nozzles per assembly.
- ¾" NPT nozzles.
- Brass or stainless steel nozzles.
- Flush mounted, spring loaded contamination free, pressure activated nozzles.
- Three coil voltages available to maximize possible extinguishment combinations.
- Water extinguishment does not adversely affect filter media.
- Specially engineered high-speed valves provide instant open and instant close.
- Pressure activated and contamination free nozzle using spring loaded shutter cone seal.
- Flush-mounted installation does not obstruct material flow.
- Easy installation/maintenance with mounting adapters.
- Extinguishment manifold design provides consistent nozzle spacing for quick installation and maintenance.
- Optional waterproof insulation jackets used in conjunction with heat tape for freeze protection.
- Optional GWS Booster Pump increases available water pressure.
- Optional ball valve with contact to monitor valve position