GreCon Abort Gates exhaust hazardous air flow from the ducting. Activated from the spark detection system sensors, a spring-loaded gate closes in less than 600 milliseconds to prevent any hazards from entering the filter that could cause a fire or a dust explosion. Used in return air systems, Abort Gates safely exhaust hazardous air to the atmosphere, thereby protecting plant and personnel.
On a return air system the objective is to return the heated air back into the building in cold weather climates. The abort gate is installed on the pneumatic conveying system in a safe area outside of buildings. Spark detection sensors are mounted after the filter system to detect sparks at the outlet. When the sensors detect spark activity they send a signal to the control console, which triggers the abort gate to activate. The hazardous air is exhausted to the atmosphere and is prevented from entering the building where it could cause a fire, an explosion or injure personnel. This configuration is compliant with NFPA 664 Standard for return air systems.
- NFPA 664 Standard compliant for return air systems.
- Heat resistant electromagnet and chromed magnet contact plate.
- Stainless steel side seals.
- Corrosion and abrasion resistant high temperature gate seals.
- Accelerating springs.
- Requires 120 VAC.
- Optional co-flanges, manual reset, reverse or side discharge direction available.
- Duct diameters from 12” to 60".